Frequently Asked Questions About Our Top Dog Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Services
Welcome to our frequently asked questions page where we constantly update the site with new questions we receive from our clients. If you don’t see your exact question below or would like to speak to a live person about your particular requirements then please call (603) 553-4243
How does a new client set up an account?
– Once you have chosen a username and password, you will get a message saying you have “successfully registered”.
– Click “Click here to access Top Dog Pet Sitting & Dog Walking”.
– Please enter your contact information to the Petcare > My Info page.
– Also please add your pet’s information to the Petcare> My Pets page.
– You may then schedule your requested visits and pay invoices via the software.
* You can also check out the Precise Petcare software instruction manual at Client Manual or by clicking “help” after you have logged in.
* Please keep in mind that it is the client’s responsibility to update their client information including emergency contact info and pet details (including health, behavior, feeding, etc.) Sitters/walkers need these detailed instructions to provide the best care for your pet.
How do I schedule an initial meeting with a walker/sitter?
*Please take into account that the initial meet & greet, online set up and key exchange must occur prior to the start of any service.
*Please have two copies of your house key to give to walkers or sitters at meeting, as well as a copy of your pet’s rabies certificate.
Are you insured and bonded?
How do I schedule/cancel services?
Weekly dog walking clients need to get their requests in by Friday for the following week.
Reservation requests are approved and confirmed via Precise Petcare within 24 hours. You will receive an email confirmation for the requested service when it is approved.
*Reservations must be made directly with the office via our online management system Precise Petcare or you may email us at email@example.com. If you do not have internet access, you may also call in your request to (603)553-4243.
**Please do not contact your walker or sitter for any scheduling changes. Reservations, scheduling changes or cancellations cannot be scheduled with sitters or walkers.**
What is the cancellation policy?
*Weekday dog walking service cancellations must be received 48 hours prior to the scheduled service.
*Weekend pet care service cancellations must be received 72 hours prior to the scheduled service.
*Vacation and holiday pet sitting service cancellations must be received 7 days prior to service.
A 50% deposit is required at the time of booking to hold your vacation, overnight and holiday pet sitting service. The balance is due the day after the last day of service.
*Clients will be charged for the scheduled service, if the cancellation was received after the cancellation deadline.
**Please note that our cancellation policy does not apply in the event of extreme inclement weather, as long as the cancellation is received prior to 9:00am for same day cancellations.**
What is the key policy?
Pet sitting clients – Please have one working copy, unless two sitters have been assigned to care for your pets, then please provide two copies.
* Please check the keys in the locked and closed door to be sure they work.
* If you do not have the copies to give to us at this time, we would be happy to arrange a key pick up at a later date for a $10 fee or we can make a copy for an additional $10 fee.
Do you visit on holidays?
How can I pay?
What are your hours?
DOG WALKING & PET SITTING HOURS: 7am – 9:30pm 365 Days Per Year
Is your staff made up of independent contractors or employees?
What happens if my pet requires emergency medical treatment?
Do you offer visits/walks in inclement weather?
Please be sure to leave a towel out so we can dry your pup off.
Please also be sure that your driveway, walkway and stairs are clear of ice and snow and that they are accessible and safe for your walker or sitter to drive and walk your pups on. If possible, please leave a shovel, sand or salt (pet safe of course 😉 in a place that is accessible for your sitter or walker. In extreme weather, blizzards, thunder & lightning storms, etc. services may be modified for the safety of our staff and your pup.
*** Please note that our cancellation policy does not apply in the event of extreme inclement weather, as long as the cancellation is received prior to 9:00am for same day cancellations.